- » Key resources and services
Menzies School of Health Research, Cancer Council
This resource package has been produced for Indigenous people and their families who are affected by cancer. The Cancer Council of New South Wales and Menzies School of Health Research have collaboratively produced the following fact sheets:
- What is cancer? - this fact sheet provides information on cancer facts, about cancer growth, the difference between benign and malignant tumours, and who to speak to.
- Understanding cancer talk - this fact sheet provides a glossary of key terminology doctors may use about types of cancers, treatment, and the roles of different health professionals.
- Surgery - this fact sheet provides information on surgery for cancer treatment, and answers key questions a patient may ask about the procedure.
- Radiotherapy - this fact sheet provides information on radiotherapy for cancer treatment, and answers key questions a patient may ask about the process.
- Chemotherapy - this fact sheet provides information on chemotherapy for cancer treatment, and answers key questions a patient may ask about the course of treatment.
- What men should know about cancer - this fact sheet outlines common cancers for men and the symptoms men can look our for to make an early detection.
- Fact sheets for specific cancers including information on what the specific cancer is, diagnosis, stages of the disease, treatment and side effects and management of the cancer. These fact sheets cover:
- cancer of the uterus
- bowel cancer
- breast cancer
- cervical cancer
- head and neck cancers
- lung cancer
- prostate cancer.
Abstracted adapted from Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW
153 Dowling Street
Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
PO Box 572
Kings Cross NSW 1340
Ph: (02) 9334 1900
Report broken link