- » Key resources and services
Beyond the big smoke
The Beyond the big smoke project is jointly funded by the Australian Respiratory Council (ARC) and Healthway. Initiated by the Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (ACHWA), the project aims to implement a range of strategies designed to have a positive impact on smoking behavior among staff and clients of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS). This project aims to:
- collect data on smoking prevalence among clients and staff at participating ACCHS
- provide ACCHS staff with training, knowledge and resources to reduce tobacco use
- have participating ACCHS reduce tobacco exposure by adopting smoke free workplace policies and developing action plans
- organise annual state-wide workshops to coordinate action and share knowledge on tobacco control.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
450 Beaufort St
Perth WA 6003
Ph: (08) 9227 1631
Fax: (08) 9228 1099
Aboriginal Health Council of WA (2008)
Beyond the big smoke project.
Paper presented at the Aboriginal Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Forum 2008. 30-31 October 2008, Perth