- » Key resources and services
Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS)
The Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS) is a Victorian state-wide community service that provides support for young people aged 12 -21 years who are experiencing problematic alcohol and other drug use. YSAS provides a continuum of services for young people that includes counselling, case management, residential care, withdrawal support and community based programs.
Specific programs include:
Community Programs (outreach)
- located across sites in Melbourne, this program allows YSAS alcohol and drug workers the mobility to meet young people in the communities where they live.
- YSAS provides community based and statewide Residential Services to young people in metropolitan and regional Victoria. YSAS can provide access to Home Based Withdrawal or Residential Withdrawal through one of YSAS’s supportive, home-like environments.
- YSAS operates a number of Specialist Programs co-located within YSAS Community Teams to provide alcohol and drug interventions for young people, such as support for young parents and reconnecting with family.
Youth Support Service
- a service designed to intervene early and divert young people away from the youth justice system by addressing the underlying causes of offending and risk taking behaviour.
Abstract adapted from YSAS
Level 1, 131 Johnston Street
PO Box 2950
Fitzroy Vic 3065
Ph: (03) 9415 881
Freecall: 1800 458 685 (24 hr)
Report broken link