- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal women's health associates program
The Aboriginal women's health associates program aims to build and support an effective partnership between staff at the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne, Victoria, and Indigenous communities in the State.
The specific objectives of the program include:
- acting as the first point of contact in relation to clarification of policy issues of service provision
- providing a first point of contact for external service providers from Indigenous community based services
- taking responsibility for the distribution of resources relevant to the health care needs of Indigenous women
- providing feedback to the Aboriginal women's health business unit within the hospital regarding the needs of the department in relation to education and training.
The work of the program is carried out by 'associates' - self-nominated hospital staff who are passionate and committed to improving service provision to Indigenous women in Victoria.
Abstract adapted from the Royal Women's Hospital, Victoria