Lower Murray Medicare Local - otitis media program
The Lower Murray Medicare Local - otitis media program aims to enhance the capacity of general practitioners (GPs) and other primary health care providers in the Lower Murray region of Victoria to provide high quality treatment for otitis media (OM) in Indigenous children.
The main objectives of the program are to:
- increase awareness of the updated Recommendations for clinical care guidelines on the management of OM in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations
- improve the uptake of best practice service delivery for the prevention, early detection and management of OM in Indigenous children
- increase diagnosis and appropriate referral of OM in Indigenous children aged 0-4 years.
The program is being delivered by the Lower Murray Medicare Local and involves:
- workshops for GPs, audiologists, nurses, Indigenous health workers, early childhood workers and Koori engagement support workers
- OM awareness stalls at relevant events
- OM screening in kindergartens throughout the region.
Lower Murray Medicare Local abstract
Otitis Media Project Officer
Lower Murray Medicare Local
Ph: (03) 5023 8633
Fax: (03) 5021 4794