- » Key resources and services
Koori intensive bail support
The Koori intensive bail support program is for young Koori people from the adult justice system and the children's court (on deferral of sentence status) who are at high risk of breaching bail and/or re-offending, and are deemed likely to be remanded in custody.
Department of Human Services, Victoria abstract
Koori Justice Program
Youth Services and Youth Justice Branch
Ph: (03) 9096 8839
Denning-Cotter G (2008)
Bail support in Australia.
Canberra: Indigenous Justice Clearinghouse
Cunneen C, Allison F (2009)
Indigenous bail diversion: program options for Indigenous offenders in Victoria.
Sydney: University of New South Wales
Koori youth justice (2009)
Victorian Department of Human Services
The Koori youth justice factsheet, produced by the Victorian Department of Human Services, provides information on youth justice programs designed for Koori people in Victoria. The factsheet includes details on:
- the Koori youth justice program
- the Koori intensive bail support program
- the Koori early school leavers and youth education program
- the Koori pre and post release program
- the Yannabil youth justice Koori visitors program
- the health and safety of young people in custody
- Aboriginal cultural support plans
- the role of youth justice units
- the Victorian Aboriginal Justice Agreement
- training and future directions.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract