- » Key resources and services
RLSSA NT remote pools project
RLSSA NT remote pools project provides a dedicated remote pool support service. This service involves:
- Provision of safety and management audits. These audits provide pool managers, local, territory and federal government with a detailed facility improvement plan.
- Telephone support for remote pool managers. This support aims to resolve a range of issues including pool maintenance, relationships with local councils, town based suppliers and training requirements.
- Facilitation of conferences for remote pool managers and other network development activities designed to build strong skills and network relationships across the Northern Territory.
- Support to all layers of government, including site visits and desktop audits of communities involved in the Remote pools project.
The project is implemented by the Northern Territory (NT) branch of Royal Life Saving Society Australia (RLSSA) and is supported by the Australian Government Department of Communication Information and the Arts, HBOSA Foundation and Paul Newman's Own Foundation.
Key areas of focus include:
- building community solutions - working with stakeholders to create development plans for swimming pool use
- pool operations support - to support remote pool managers maintain safe and active facilities
- community networks - to encourage inter-community relations and support
- central Australia project - to target the needs of communities in the central desert region.
The RLSSA NT remote pools project is co-ordinated from Darwin but their officers travel to remote communities up to 200 days every year.
Abstract adapted from Royal Life Saving Society Australia
Royal Life Saving Society Australia (RLSSA)
Suite 6, Level 4
PO Box 558
Broadway NSW 2007
Ph: (02) 8217 3111
Fax: (02) 8217 3199