- » Key resources and services
Bila Muuji social emotional wellbeing initiative
This project has developed a model of care for Indigenous people in the Bourke, Gongolgon, Walgett and Brewarrina areas of New South Wales. The aim of the project is to consolidate the delivery of culturally appropriate health services to Indigenous clients in these areas. The project also involves providing extensive training and support for the social emotional wellbeing workers involved in the delivery of health services. Programs delivered under this initiative include:
- Seasons for growth program which aims to empower young Indigenous people affected by trauma and loss
- Healing circle program which provides individual counselling for Indigenous people affected by loss
- self-esteem programs for Catholic and public primary schools
- empowerment programs for Indigenous women to reconnect with traditional roles.
Cobar Shire Council
7 Broomfield Street
Cobar NSW 2835
Ph: (02) 6836 4584
Mobile: 0417 410 186
Fax: (02) 6836 4928
Perino J (2007)
Supporting wellness in the bush.
Paper presented at the 9th National Rural Health Conference: standing up for rural health: learning from the past, action in the future. 7-10 March 2007, Albury, NSW