Ministerial Council for Education, Early Childhood Development and Youth Affairs (MCEECDYA)
The Council membership comprises State, Territory, Australian Government and New Zealand Ministers with responsibility for the portfolios of education, employment, training and youth affairs.
Functions of the Council include:
- coordination of strategic policy at the national level
- negotiation and development of national agreements on shared objectives and interests (including principles for Australian Government/State relations) in the Council's areas of responsibility
- negotiations on scope and format of national reporting on areas of responsibility
- sharing of information and collaborative use of resources towards agreed objectives and priorities
- coordination of communication with, and collaboration between, related national structures.
Abstract adapted from MCEECDYA
PO Box 202
Carlton South VIC 3053
Ph: (03) 9639 0588
Fax: (03) 9639 1790