- » Key resources and services
International Obesity Taskforce (IOTF)
The International Obesity Taskforce (IOTF) is the advocacy arm of the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
The IOTF aims to raise awareness of obesity and the rising issue of unhealthy weight, working wit the World Health Organization, other NGOs and stakeholders to address these problems.
The IOTF's objectives are to:
- articulate the policy directions needed for obesity prevention and inspire their translation into policy, research and practice
- create and maintain effective knowledge exchange systems between individuals and organisations working in obesity prevention
- undertake research, training and other projects to further obesity prevention
- advocate for effective, evidence-informed policy actions for obesity prevention at national, regional and global levels.
Abstract adapted from International Obesity Taskforce
Charles Darwin House
12 Roger Street
London WCIN 2JU
Ph: +44 20 7685 2580