- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO)
European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO)
The European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) was established in 1986, and is EASO is a European scientific and practice-based professional membership association, with networks in over 30 countries.
EASO promotes the study of obesity as well as facilitating and engaging in actions that reduce the burden of unhealthy excess weight in Europe through prevention and management.
The objectives of the organisation are to:
- raise awareness of obesity as a major public health priority in Europe
- inform and influence European and National policy
- develop, promote and deliver education for the prevention and management of overweight and obesity in Europe
- promote, inform and engage in European obesity research
- disseminate key obesity-related messages/evidence-based guidelines/developments
- communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and promote multidisciplinary collaboration
- contribute to the economic growth of Europe by preventing and tackling overweight and obesity.
Abstract adapted from the European Association for the Study of Obesity
The European Association for the Study of Obesity
2 Sheen Road
London TW9 1AE
Ph: +44 (0) 20 8973 2506
Report broken link