- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » Drug and Alcohol Office (DAO) of Western Australia
Drug and Alcohol Office (DAO) of Western Australia
The Drug and Alcohol Office (DAO) of Western Australia (WA) aims to prevent and reduce the adverse impacts of alcohol and other drugs in the WA community. DAO provides and contracts a statewide network of services relating to:
- professional education and training
- research activities in the alcohol and other drug sector.
DAO's specific aims include:
- providing or contracting counselling and treatment services
- delivering public health education campaigns aimed at creating a safer drinking culture in Western Australia and reducing harm from illegal drug use
- supporting local drug action groups and school drug education
- providing education and training activities for workers and volunteers in the drug and alcohol sector
- delivering prevention and early intervention programs including programs for Aboriginal people
- developing and coordinate whole-of-government policies and strategies
- undertaking research and publish reports that relate to drug and alcohol use.
Abstract adapted from the Drug and Alcohol Office of Western Australia
Drug and Alcohol Office of Western Australia
7 Field Street
Mount Lawley WA 6050
PO Box 126
Mt Lawley WA 6929
Ph: (08) 9370 0333
Fax: (08) 9272 6605
Drug and Alcohol Office (WA) (2007)
Drug and Alcohol Office annual report 2007.
Perth: Drug and Alcohol Office (WA)
Western Australia Drug and Alcohol Office (2008)
Strong spirit strong mind: Drug and Alcohol Office reconciliation action plan 2008-2010.
Perth: Western Australia Drug and Alcohol Office