- » Key resources and services
- » Organisations
- » Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Advisory Group (ATSIMHAG)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Advisory Group (ATSIMHAG)
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health Advisory Group (ASTIMHAG) offers advice to the Australian Government Department of Health on strategic and practical ways to improve the mental health of Indigenous people.
ATSIMHAG advises on:
- the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of Indigenous Australians
- policy and program approaches that could improve Indigenous people's access to services and mental health outcomes
- the development, implementation and evaluation of measures included in the Australian Government's Delivering national mental health reform package announced in the 2011-12 budget
- the development of a renewed Social and emotional wellbeing framework that is specific to the needs of Indigenous Australians and their communities.
ASTIMHAG is currently chaired by Professor Pat Dudgeon, Chairperson of the Australian Indigenous Psychologists Association. Members include representatives from Indigenous Australian mental health and wellbeing stakeholder groups including the Stolen generations, academics, and mental health professionals.
Abstract adapted from the Australian Government Department of Health
Department of Health
GPO Box 9848
Canberra ACT 2601
Ph: (02) 6289 1555
Report broken link