- » Key resources and services
Outcare is Western Australia's specialist non-government provider of crime prevention services and programs. The organisation was established in the early 1960s, and operates in a variety of areas to enhance community stability and safety, by providing rehabilitative and supportive services for offenders, ex-offenders and their families. Outcare aims to:
- provide the opportunity for personal rehabilitation to released offenders, and to ensure they have the greatest opportunity for adjustment back into the community
- provide suitable accommodation for released prisoners or defendants
- provide suitable employment and training for released prisoners and their dependants
- provide financial and other material assistance to the families of defendants, released offenders and prisoners, who are in need of such assistance
- help the families of defendants, released offenders and prisoners (including suitable accommodation)
- cooperate with organisations whose work affects or assists the rehabilitation of released offenders, or involves the provision of assistance or support to the families of defendants, released offenders or prisoners
- increase the level of community awareness of the causes of crime, the need for community participation in the rehabilitation of released offenders and the specific needs of prisoners' families and dependants.
Taking a holistic approach to crime prevention, Outcare services include a broad range of education, intervention and reform programs to reduce the re-offending rate of people in conflict with the justice system and support their successful rehabilitation and re-integration into society.
Abstract adapted from Outcare
27 Moore St
East Perth WA 6004
Ph: (08) 6263 8622
Fax: (08) 6263 8611