- » Key resources and services
Small grants for rural communities
This program offers grants of up to $5,000 for projects and activities that benefit communities of 10,000 people or less in small rural and remote locations in Australia.
The funding aims to assist the development of rural and remote communities by contributing to their development in social and community welfare, economic, environmental, health, education or cultural areas.
Some projects successfully funded include:
- No more mice for community hall: upgrading the community hall in Dulacca to meet food safety requirements
- Ditch the dunny: new toilet in the community hall of Mitchell to meet OH&S and hygiene requirements
- Wild Mountains integrated fire management plan: ensuring the fire safety and preparedness of a conservation reserve in Rathdowney and environmental education venue
- Vegie growing entrepreneur: kitchen garden for early childhood healthy food and sustainability education
- Healthy food healthy community: the community of Tabulam opened a community operated shop to improve access to healthy food and nutritional education
- The Gurri circle: the community of Murgon piloted a 12 week self development program for Indigenous young offenders.
Applications are invited from not-for-profit, incorporated community organisations.
Application details: The program is open twice a year, and closes at the end of March and September.
Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
66 Garsed Street
Bendigo Vic 3550
PO Box 41
Bendigo Vic 3552
Ph: (03) 5430 2399
Report broken link