- » Key resources and services
HESTA primary health care awards
The HESTA Primary Health Care Awards is an initiative of HESTA - Australia's health and community services industry fund. The awards are supported by ME bank.
Nominations can be made in three categories:
- young leader - an individual currently working in primary health care in Australia
- nominations will be judged on the nominee's outstanding achievements, their vision/leadership/organisational development skills and demonstrated ability to steer and implement change
- nominees must be 35 years or less at the time of nomination
- individual distinction - an individual currently working in primary health care in Australia - nominations will be judged on the nominee's achievements one of three key areas:
- progress towards the achievement of a vision for the future of Australian health care that is original, creative and innovative and which will ultimately lead to better patient and/or community health care outcomes
- deliverance of a positive outcome in service provision or patient care in the face of adversity or other challenges
- kindness, understanding, compassion or courage that goes beyond the expectations of their role/position in primary health care.
- team excellence - a team of two or more people currently working in primary health care in Australia - nominations will be judged on the team's achievements in three key areas:
- the team's innovative approach to program delivery or their initiation of a significant improvement to an existing program that has led to demonstrably better health care outcomes for patients/the community
- evidence of a sharing, inclusive approach in the team's work
- adaptable and replicable outcomes that can be implemented by other service providers, contributing to a healthier future for all Australians.
The overall winners of each category share in a $30,000 prize pool. The young leader and individual distinction award winners will receive a $5,000 bank account and $5,000 towards further education. The team excellence award winner receives a $10,000 development grant to put towards the implementation of their program or initiative.
HESTA Primary Health Care Awards
PO Box 615
Carlton South VIC 3053
Ph: (03) 8660 1600