- » Key resources and services
Telethon-Perth Children's Hospital Research Fund
The WA Government Department of Health in conjunction with the Channel 7 Telethon Trust (Telethon Trust) has established the Telethon - New Children's Hospital Research Fund (TNCHRF) to provide funding for short-term research projects that focus on child and adolescent health in Western Australia.
The aims of the TNCHRF are to:
- fund research on the health of children and adolescents
- enhance the translation of research findings into more effective health policy and practice
- contribute to integrating the research capability in universities, research institutes and health services by encouraging the development of research policy practice clusters.
Projects may be awarded up to $250,000 (GST exclusive). The research activities that may be funded under the TNCHRF are anticipated to be wide ranging, but must address areas of direct significance to child and adolescent health. These could include the different areas of research such as basic; clinical; health service; or population health.
Some examples might be:
- public health issues of particular significance to children and adolescents in WA
- patient-focused healthcare delivery along the continuum of care for children and adolescents
- health system organisation, financing and access that impact on child and adolescent health
- emerging health risks for children and adolescents
- rural, remote and Aboriginal child health
- neonatal care
- basic research, e.g. laboratory based research into child and adolescent health issues.
Research Development Unit
Ph: (08) 9222 4222 (general number)
Report broken link