Managing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients with hepatitis B and hepatitis C
Target audience: Health professionals interested in exploring the management of hepatitis B and C in Aboriginal patients.
Course summary: This course provides participants with the skills to manage Aboriginal patients with hepatitis B and C. Course topics include:
- discuss the prevalence, diagnosis, natural history and management of Aboriginal clients with hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- state the clinical presentation of hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- describe the primary care management of hepatitis B and hepatitis C for Aboriginal clients
- explain the cultural issues impacting on the detection and management of hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- ensure patient safety by improving the outcome of patients with hepatitis B by early diagnosis, monitoring and appropriate management.
Fee payable: Not specified
Delivery mode: Online
Financial support for Indigenous students: Not specified
PO Box 6196
Sydney NSW 2113
Ph: (02) 8014 6050