- » Key resources and services
Yarning about: eye health and diabetes
This teleconference is aimed for staff working in ACCHSs or in Aboriginal chronic disease in NSW.
This one-hour Q & A session with staff from Brien Holden Vision Institute provides an opportunity for discussion with specialists in the area. By the end of the session health professionals will be able to:
- explain to colleagues and patients the importance of eye and vision care for diabetic patients
- explain the importance of the inclusion of eye health and vision assessment in a Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDMP)
- conduct appropriate vision assessments as per National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation and RACGPs National guide to a preventative health assessment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- utilise referral pathways to ensure all patients with diabetes see an eye health practitioner for all dilated retinal examination, annually.
For information on how to apply, see links below.
Aborgiinal Health and Medical Research Council
Chronic Disease Team
Ph: (02) 9212 4777