- » Key resources and services
Western Australian Aboriginal sexual health forum
The forum explores sexual health with a strong focus upon Aboriginal health, the challenges and opportunities faced and respectful ways of engaging with the community. This years presenters come from across Western Australia (WA)and from other states.
Short talks and workshops will be presented including:
- personal experiences from the field
- working with men
- art as a tool for talking and listening
- advocacy strategies
- clinical updates
- ways to access funding and more.
The keynote speakers at the forum will be:
- Sue Gordan OA, the first Aboriginal Magistrate in WA, now retired, is a powerful speaker and an advocate for human rights. Sue will share her experience and knowledge
- Star Lady Nungari, a colourful and powerful advocate for diversity who has worked extensively with Aboriginal people in Central Australia and in WA, will share her experiences to inform and perhaps also entertain
- David Williams and Ariana Paganetti from New York City, United States of America, now working in Roebourne, WA will showcase their work with young peopole in Roebourne through the IF Foundation using theatre and fun in positively handling emotions.
Limited travel and accommodation subsidies are available for people from regional and remote communities.
Family Planning WA
Ph: (08) 9227 6177 ext 243