- » Key resources and services
- » Conferences and events
- » Equity at the centre: 22nd national Australian Health Promotion Association conference and 18th Chronic Diseases Network conference
Equity at the centre: 22nd national Australian Health Promotion Association conference and 18th Chronic Diseases Network conference
The Australian Health Promotion Association (AHPA), the Northern Territory Chronic Diseases Network (CDN) and the Northern Territory Medicare Local (NTML) are partnering to jointly deliver the 22nd AHPA National Conference and the 18th Annual CDN Conference in Alice Springs. The theme of the conference is Equity at the centre: action on the social determinants of health.
The conferences will aim to:
- demonstrate the centrality of fairness and social justice as principles that underpin contemporary health promotion, prevention and comprehensive primary health care activities and system reforms across Australia
- respond to the growing national and global evidence and commentary acknowledging the need for action in the area of the social determinants of health.
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Sharon Friel - Professor Health Equity, Australian National University
- Mr Darryl Day - Executive Director Energy Policy, Department of Mines and Energy Northern Territory Government
- Mr Paul Pholeros - Director Health Habitat
- Dr Suvajee Good - Program Coordinator and focal point, Social Determinants of Health, World Health Organisation, New Delhi, India
- Dr Shallay Bowen - Senior Public Health Advisor Prevention and Population Health, Department of Health, Victoria
- Professor Roll Garritsan - Professorial Research Fellow, The Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University, Alice Springs
- Dr Anne Lowell - Principal Research Fellow, Charles Darwin University
- Dr Lawurrpa Maypilama (Co-presenter).
Abstract submissions close Friday 16 May 2014.
Early bird registration closes Friday 4 July 2014.
AGENTUR Pty Ltd
Britta Decker and Marijana Tadic
Ph: (08) 8981 2010
Fax: (08) 8942 2150
Chronic Diseases Network Co-ordinator
Ph: (08) 8985 8173