- » Key resources and services
7th Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) criminal justice conference
The conference seeks to engage delegates in discussion and debate around 'striking the balance' between providing community based treatment and support to offenders, whilst mitigating the risks posed by the offender to the community.
The conference invites delegates to:
- debate what works and what does not when it comes to successfully reintegrating people from custody to the community
- explore alternative and/or diversionary options to prison for some offenders
- develop a service delivery model built for improving outcomes for offender's with complex diagnoses and support needs
- build and support cross-sector partnerships in disability, drugs and alcohol, mental health and employment
- learn from leading voices in direct service provision, assessment, treatment and advocacy, who will present on evidence based best practices
- hear from experts in policy-making, research and academia present on data, trends and evaluations of services and programs and service user experiences.
Closing date for receipt of abstracts is June 30th 2013.
Conference Works Pty Ltd
Suite 2, Level 1, 120 Railway Avenue
Ringwood East VIC 3135
Ph: (03) 9870 2611
Fax: (03) 9870 1723