- » Key resources and services
Real partners, real action: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workshop
This event is a pre-conference workshop for the 21st national Australian Health Promotion Association conference. It will attract a range of delegates including community workers, health professionals, educators, researchers, policy makers and Aboriginal Health Workers.
The aim of the workshop is to:
- identify and discuss a blueprint for achieving real partnerships, real action among Aboriginal controlled, government and non-government programs and services
- identify ways that result in Aboriginal controlled programs and services working together
- showcase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs that demonstrate the principles of real partnerships resulting in real action
- network and share experiences among colleagues from metropolitan, regional, rural and remote areas around Australia.
Speakers will include:
- Helen Eastburn - Director - Department of Health and Ageing
- Jill Gallagher - CEO - VACCHO
- Carmen Parter - Director - Centre for Aboriginal Health
- Randal Ross - Co Founder and Senior Facilitator - Red Dust Healing Program
- Vicki Wade - National Leader - the Heart Foundation.