- » Key resources and services
Mental health assessment of Aboriginal clients
This workshop is presented by Dr Tracy Westerman, a descendant of the Nyamal people. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma (Science) in Psychology, a Master's Degree (Clinical Psychology) and a Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology). As a recognised leader in the Aboriginal mental health field she has achieved both national and international recognition.
The workshop will cover the following:
- accreditation in the Acculturation scale for Aboriginal Australians
- self-harm and cultural sorry cutting - the distinguishing characteristics
- cultural grieving and spiritual visits versus psychosis
- culture bound depression and treatments
- post-traumatic stress
- attachment and cultural parenting
- accreditation in the Acculturative stress scale for Aboriginal Australians
- accreditation in the Westerman Aboriginal symptom checklist - youth aged 13-17 (WASC-Y) and the Westerman Aboriginal symptom checklist - adult (WASC-A).
Dates and locations:
- Darwin - 24 & 25 June 2013
- Karratha - 12 & 13 August 2013
- Cairns - 1 & 2 October 2013.
Indigenous Psychological Services
Ph: (08) 9362 2036
Fax: (08) 9362 5546