Disaster management for public health
This annual disaster management course for environmental health practitioners in Queensland will:
- ensure all participants fully understand the disaster management system in Queensland
- outline the incident management system for disaster response activities
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of the various agencies responding to a disaster
- identify the public health issues in a disaster and how to minimise their impacts
- provide practical 'real life' learning opportunities from leading disaster management experts.
The program will also allow time for participants to update Council's own health sub-plan, or formulate one for Council.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Drinking water and water supplies
- Animal management
- Waste - green, solid, hazardous, asbestos
- Disease control including mosquito management
- Disaster plans - What should you have in them.
Ph: (07) 3000 2299