World suicide prevention day forum
This forum is organised by the Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University. The forum theme includes Suicide prevention across the globe: strengthening protective factors and instilling hope.
Confirmed presentations include:
- how can we prevent suicide if we cannot measure it? Issues surrounding quality of suicide data in Australia
- suicide trends in Queensland based on the Queensland Suicide Register
- suicide prevention in Mt Isa
- Queensland police suicide prevention project
- predictors of suicide in gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex (GLBTI) communities based on Australian literature
- rail suicide prevention
- suicide in rural and remote areas of Australia
- suicide and suicide prevention in farmers
- risk and protective factors of child suicides
- potential for suicide prevention in prisons.
Ph: (07) 3735 3379