- » Key resources and services
2nd Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA) conference
The one day conference with the primary theme of Working together to improve Indigenous health will explore how information management, electronic health records and technology can unlock the potential of informatics to improve the evidence base, planning and execution of Indigenous health care strategies.
With the conference keynote speakers and round table experts will endeavour to provide an Australian and international perspective to the question: Indigenous health and electronic health records are national but what does it all mean in terms of improvements for communities, patients and providers of healthcare to Indigenous communities?
- Andrew Laming MP Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Indigenous Health and Regional Health Services
- Paul Bruce E-Health and Information Management Coordinator, General Practice NSW
- Dr Tom Calma AO National Coordinator Tackling Indigenous Smoking and Patron, Rural Health Education Foundation
- Dr Terry Hannan Clinical Associate Professor, School of Human Health Sciences, University of Tasmania
- Dr David Hansen CEO, Australian E-Health Research Centre
- Prof Lisa Jackson Pulver Director Muru Marri Indigenous Health Unit, University of NSW
- John Paterson Executive Officer - Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory (AMSANT)
- Tim Senior Medical Advisor - National Faculty for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.