- » Key resources and services
- » Bibliography
- » The Australian guideline for prevention, diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: 2nd edition
by Rheumatic Heart Disease Australia, National Heart Foundation of Australia, Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
||Menzies School of Health Research
This report by Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) Australia is the second edition of an evidence based review of the diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever (ARF) and RHD in Australia.
RHDAustralia considers this document to be the main source of information to guide all aspects of RHD management, prevention and control across Australia.
The key aims of the document are to:
- identify the standard of care, including preventative care, which should be available to all people
- identify areas where current management strategies may not be in line with available evidence
- in the interest of equity, ensure that high risk populations receive the the same standard of care as that available to other Australians.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract