- » Key resources and services
- » Bibliography
- » Tips and tricks for new players ... a guide to becoming familiar with the alcohol and other drugs sector [4th ed.]
by Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia
||Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia
This guide is a resource and orientation tool for new workers to the alcohol and other drugs (AOD) sector. It has a number of sections including:
- a comprehensive directory of key organisations within the AOD sector with information on contact details
- a list of Indigenous specific organisations relevant to the AOD sector
- information on continuing professional development and guidelines on developing skills in the workforce
- a succinct of list of terms commonly used in the AOD sector with a short description of what each means.
There are also research tips on how to find further information and some short articles from professionals working in the field.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract