NACCHO launches new Aboriginal health in Aboriginal hands app
Date posted: 17 October 2013
The chair of National Aboriginal Community Controlled health organisation (NACCHO) this week joined with the AFL Indigenous All Stars at its International rules training session in Melbourne to launch Australia's first Aboriginal Health app.
The app performs a number of functions:
- allows users to find an Aboriginal Health Service - Aboriginal patients can now locate their nearest Aboriginal Community Controlled Health service throughout Australia
- provides access to health help or information online or a telephone hotline number for conditions such as diabetes, breast cancer, and issues such as domestic violence or gambling
- allows users to share, connect or contact NACCHO through their social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, daily news alerts and the NACCHO website
- provides a secure donation tool to give the NACCHO Sport health futures program
- allows users to learn and inform how NACCHO members are making a difference.
The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android users. For more information or to download the app please refer to the links below.
Source: NACCHO Communique
National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
Mobile: 0401 331 251