View another consultant:
U2B, 171 Commercial Road
Tel: (08) 8240 4597
Fax: (08) 8240 4537
Rosemary Wanganeen is a proud Aboriginal Australian from South Australia of Kaurna, Wirrangu, Koogatha and English heritage. She has accumulated a huge body of work personally and professionally in Aboriginal issues, which evolved over a 32 year period in administration, management, research, counselling, training and education positions in the public sector - Defence, Education, Social Justice, Dept. of Premier and Cabinet, as well as in the private sector. Devoting 22 years to loss and grief her innovative 'next generation' loss and grief model transpires throughout the 'Seven Phases to Reconciling Loss and Grief', which she successfully uses in professional counselling and training. The model has been presented and received accolades at more than 30 Bi-Cultural Awareness Programs and 40 Seminars and Presentations in South Australia, as well as nationally and internationally. These have included:
- University of South Australia: Schools of Psychology Australian Psychological Society - Adelaide University
- Flinders University & International Institute of Palliative & Supportive Studies
- Australian New Zealand Association of Psychiatry, Psychology & Law
- The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists Congress
- SA Government - Departments of Education, Correctional Services, Children & Families Services etc.
- Family and Youth Services - Magill & Cavan Youth Detentions Centre (SA)
- SA Health Commission - Aboriginal Services Division
- Drug and Alcohol Services Council Adelaide
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital (SA)
- The Mental Health Conference of Australia and New Zealand
- University of Western Sydney Conference
- International Council of Psychologists Annual Convention (Vic)
- Department for Justice (Vic)
- Tasmanian Aboriginal Healing Program
- National Women's Health Conference - Canberra
- Australian Association of Social Workers Conference,Psychosynthesis International Conference (Mumbai, India)
- Guest of Dr Mario Pigazzini - Clinical Psychologist, Psychoanalyst, Lecco Psychiatric Unit, Lecco Hospital Italy - 'tour' covered Lecco; Milan; Venice and Rome.
Since 2004, Rosemary has been involved in research Projects with the University of South Australia, School of Psychology. Recently, she won the 2009 South Australian of the Year Community Award.