Environmental Health Unit Queensland Health (2008)
Queensland Health Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander environmental health plan 2008–2013.
Brisbane: Queensland Health
This publication outlines the plan for a strategic framework to improve the environmental health outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Queensland. The plan builds on the progress made by previous strategies and recognises six areas to enhance environmental health outcomes for communities, including, to:
- develop, implement and build on successful environmental health programs
- engage with government and non-government community health and affiliated services
- promote, develop and support the environmental health workforce
- reinforce joint ventures across government and non-government organisations to support investment in environmental health services
- promote environmental health programs and their success
- develop and employ dependable reporting procedures to assist in the monitoring and evaluation of programs
The plan supports the objectives for the National Strategic Framework for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract