Indigenous: States and Territories
- » Population groups
- » Infants and young children
- » Policies and strategies
- » Indigenous: States and Territories
Arney F, Iannos M, Chong A, McDougall S, Parkinson S (2015)
Enhancing the implementation of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Placement Principle: policy and practice considerations.
Melbourne: Child Family Community Australia
A brief history of the laws, policies and practices in South Australia that led to the removal of many Aboriginal children (2014)
Aboriginal Maternity Service Support Unit (2012)
Women and Newborn Health Service: Aboriginal Maternity Service Support Unit: strategic plan 2010-2014.
Perth: Women and Newborn Health Service Western Australia
Western Australian Department of Child Protection and Family Support (2012)
Aboriginal services framework: December 2012 revised version.
Perth: Western Australian Department of Child Protection and Family Support
New South Wales Ombudsman (2011)
Addressing Aboriginal disadvantage: the need to do things differently.
Sydney: New South Wales Ombudsman
Statewide Service Strategy Division (2010)
Aboriginal health care plan 2010-2016.
Adelaide: Department of Health, South Australia
The Aboriginal health care plan 2010-2016 has been developed by SA Health as part of a significant health reform led by the South Australian Government. It aims to:
- outline ways to reduce ill health among South Australian Aboriginal people
- promote cultural responsiveness in the health system
- promote Aboriginal community health and wellbeing
Aiming for an achievement of these overarching goals, the plan:
- describes the demographic and major health issues for Aboriginal South Australians and variations across the state
- outlines a model comprising six key areas: supporting good health; stronger primary health care; better care for those with high needs; an integrated and collaborative approach to the planning and delivery of services and programs, a focus on priorities; enablers for action
- identifies six priorities for action based on the burden of disease and population profile
- sets a framework for the regional Aboriginal health improvement plans
- identifies key next steps and governance arrangements
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
NSW Government Department of Premier and Cabinet (2009)
Keep them safe: a shared approach to child wellbeing 2009-2014.
Sydney: NSW Government
SA Health (2008)
Aboriginal nursing and midwifery strategy 2008 - 2011.
Adelaide: South Australia Department of Health
© 2001-2016 Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet