- » Key resources and services
Western Australian Department of Health Environmental Health Directorate
Western Australian Department of Health
This fact sheet provides general information about asbestos products that may be found in houses built prior to 1987.
The resource provides information on:
- What is asbestos?
- When was asbestos used?
- Where can you find asbestos in the home?
- How can you recognise asbestos products?
- What are the health effects caused by exposure to asbestos?
- What are the health effects caused by exposure to asbestos cement products?
- coating asbestos cement products
- renovating buildings containing asbestos cement products
- how to safely remove and dispose of asbestos products
- removing asbestos fences
- further steps you must follow when removing vinyl flooring
- how to maintain an asbestos roof
- Health (asbestos) regulations 1992.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Government of Western Australia
Department of Health
Public Health Division
Environmental Health Directorate
PO Box 8172
Perth Business Centre 6849
Ph: (08) 9388 4999
Fax: (08) 9388 4955
Report broken link