- » Key resources and services
Western Australian Department of Health
Health Networks Western Australian Department of Health
This document outlines the model of care for cancer which proposes a strategic state wide linking of all public cancer services in order to improve the care delivered to Western Australian cancer patients.
The aim of the Cancer care model is to:
- reduce the incidence and mortality from cancer
- improve outcomes and patient satisfaction
- define the necessary clinical services for patients with cancer
- determine the most appropriate setting for delivery of clinical services
- ensure quality of service provision
- identify partnerships between cancer care, primary care and other providers
- create an environment that enables patients with cancer to have access to appropriate care
- empower patients to be actively involved in the decision making processes.
Abstract adapted from Department of Health, Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9222 0200
Report broken link