- » Key resources and services
Jenner L, Lee N
Department of Health and Ageing Australia
Treatment approaches for users of methamphetamine: a practical guide for frontline workers aims to provide all AOD workers with up-to-date information on how to deal with methamphetamine-using clients.
Report includes information on:
- how to deal with overdose using emergency management techniques
- best practice involving an individually focused, mutually acceptable treatment plan
- good communication skills
- psychosocial treatments such as cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT)
- withdrawal support for more severe dependence
- harm reduction interventions for those who continue to use methamphetamine
- advice based on good practice where research evidence is lacking for culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the Indigenous community and pregnant women.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
Report broken link