- » Key resources and services
- » Health promotion resources
- » The Australian guideline for prevention, diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease: 2nd edition
Rheumatic Heart Disease Australia, National Heart Foundation of Australia, Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
Menzies School of Health Research
This report by Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) Australia is the second edition of an evidence based review of the diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever (ARF) and RHD in Australia.
RHDAustralia considers this document to be the main source of information to guide all aspects of RHD management, prevention and control across Australia.
The key aims of the document are to:
- identify the standard of care, including preventative care, which should be available to all people
- identify areas where current management strategies may not be in line with available evidence
- in the interest of equity, ensure that high risk populations receive the the same standard of care as that available to other Australians.
The guideline is split into five sections:
- overview of acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease
- primordial and primary prevention of acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease
- diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever
- secondary prevention and rheumatic heart disease control programs
- diagnosis and management of rheumatic heart disease.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
John Matthews Building
Royal Darwin Hospital Campus
PO Box 41096
Casuarina NT 0801
Ph: (08) 8944 1336
Report broken link