- » Key resources and services
Indigenous Professional Support Unit
The Indigenous Professional Support Unit (IPSU) is a program funded by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) to deliver services under the Inclusion and Professional Support Program.
IPSU aims to:
- Provide high quality, flexible and innovative professional development and support that is targeted to meet the identified local needs of eligible Indigenous child care services and their staff.
- Facilitate access to, and provide, professional support, advice and training for managing bodies of eligible
Indigenous child care services.
- Provide advice to PSC's (Professional Support Coordinators) and ISA's (Inclusion Support Agencies) that will assist CCB approved child care services in becoming culturally appropriate to meet the needs of Indigenous child care workers and Indigenous children attending those services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander child care services under the budget based funding program, include:
- flexible/innovative services
- mobile child care services
- multifunctional Aboriginal children's services (MACS)
- Indigenous playgroups
- Indigenous outside school hours care and enrichment programs
- innovative Child Care Service Centres