- » Key resources and services
- » Programs and projects
- » Marumali program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander within correctional facilities
Marumali program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander within correctional facilities
This program has been developed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander inmates who are survivors of removal and assimilation policies. The program is delivered over five days and provides inmates with a culturally appropriate model of healing, referred to as the Marumali model of healing, developed by Lorraine Peeters.
The program workshop aims to:
- teach skills to participants on how to deal with the trauma associated with removal and assimilation
- actively encourage participants to control the pace and direction of their healing journey
- offer a culturally appropriate and safe forum for participants to discuss sensitive issues such as grief and identity
- provide a culturally appropriate and supportive environment for the affirming and strengthening of identity.
Adapted from Marumali
Ph: (07) 4036 2374
Ph: (07) 5605 7340
Report broken link