Drug substitution options and support (SOS)
The Drug substitution options and support (SOS) program, delivered by Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc., offers intravenous drug users greater control and stability over their lives and drug habit.
The program provides:
- referral to prescribers and chemists
- community education and information on treatments
- support to clients in prison
- advocacy and support to clients.
Abstract adapted from Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc.
182-190 Wakefield St
PO Box 7202
Adelaide SA 5000
Ph: (08) 8406 1600
Fax: (08) 8232 0949
Drugs substitution options service (2009)
The Drugs substitution options service brochure outlines the Indigenous-specific services provided by Nunkuwarrin Yunti, as well as potential benefits resulting from these services. Their services include:
- linking people to drug substitution or detoxification services
- providing information and education on treatment options
- helping clients to find a chemist or doctor and organise appointments
- writing support letters
- helping clients in hospital or jail
- providing support and follow-up services for clients and their families
- helping clients through the organisational complaints process.
Abstract adapted from Nunkuwarrin Yunti