- » Key resources and services
'Go for your life' community education program
The 'Go for your life' community education program provided a variety of activities and services to promote an active lifestyle and nutritious diet.
Initiatives of the programs included:
- community events
- schools - Go for your life encouraged teachers to participate in the sessions, as the activities and language used can be adopted for use in the classroom
- health and wellbeing officers - the Go for your life education team consisted of suitably qualified teachers, exercise physiologists and health promotion officers
- Go for your life vans - the vans were equipped to provide a broad range of programs: features included sporting equipment, activity sheets, and giveaways
- rural and regional visits - Go for your life vans travelled throughout regional Victoria, spending a number of days in each area: communities were encouraged to organise events to coincide with a visit to their region.
Abstract adapted from Victorian Government
Department of Health
50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne 3000 VIC
Ph: 1300 253 942