- » Key resources and services
Indigenous water planning forum
The Indigenous water planning forum brought together Indigenous people and jurisdictional water planners to recognise and record good examples of when Indigenous people and communities have engaged in the water planning process. This project supported the ongoing implementation of the National Water Initiative in terms of identifying Indigenous water access and management needs.The project aimed to:
- summarise the existing Australian water plans that have had Indigenous engagement
- bring together the Indigenous people and jurisdictional water planners who have previously participated in water planning processes
- document the best examples of Indigenous engagement in water planning processes
- refine a statement of principles for Indigenous engagement in water planning processes.
Funding was made available from the Australian Government Raising National Water Standards Program.
Abstract adapted from National Water Commission
National Water Commission
95 Northbourne Avenue
CANBERRA ACT 2600
Ph: (02) 6102 6000
Fax: (02) 6102 6006
Jackson S, Tan PL, Altman J (2009)
Indigenous Fresh Water Planning Forum: proceedings, outcomes and recommendations.
Canberra: National Water Commission
Jackson S (2009)
National Indigenous water planning forum: background paper on Indigenous participation in water planning and access to water.
Melbourne: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)