- » Key resources and services
Shared Bereavement Care in Western Adelaide
This project aimed to improve bereavement care for Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese people in the western region of Adelaide.
The project set out to:
- identify the bereavement needs of Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese people
- collaborate with people from Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese communities to identify barriers to providing and accessing culturally appropriate bereavement support
- enhance the knowledge and skills of Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese bilingual health workers
- raise awareness of palliative care in the Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese communities
- make mainstream palliative care culturally sensitive for Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese clients and their families
- improve cultural competency skills of mainstream palliative care service staff.
The project was considered successful in achieving most of its aims, and the project outcomes are outlined in a final report. The program was funded as part of the National Caring Communities Program.
Central Adelaide Palliative Care Service (CAPCS)
Ph: (08) 8222 6825
Roe P, Moncrieff D (2006)
Shared bereavement care in western Adelaide: final report.
Adelaide: Western Adelaide Palliative Care
Report broken link