- » Key resources and services
Shared bereavement care in the west
This project was funded as part of the National caring communities program and aimed to increase collaboration between palliative care providers and primary health providers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) agencies to ensure there is coordinated and culturally appropriate bereavement care in the western region of Adelaide. Communities being targeted were the Indigenous, Italian and Vietnamese communities in the western region. The program's goals were to:
- identify bereavement needs of Indigenous, Italian and Vietnamese people
- collaborate with people from Indigenous and CALD communities to identify resources and barriers in providing and accessing culturally appropriate support
- establish partnerships with Aboriginal, Italian and Vietnamese communities
- enhance the knowledge and skills of Indigenous, Italian and Vietnamese bilingual workers
- raise awareness of palliative care in the Indigenous, Italian and Vietnamese communities
- make mainstream palliative care culturally sensitive for Indigenous, Italian and Vietnamese clients and their families
- improve cultural competency skills of mainstream palliative care service staff.
Ph: (08) 8222 6825
Roe P, Moncrieff D (2006)
Shared bereavement care in western Adelaide: final report.
Adelaide: Western Adelaide Palliative Care