- » Key resources and services
Fitzroy Valley palliative care service
This program was funded as part of the National caring communities program and aimed to introduce the concept of palliative care to Indigenous people in the Fitzroy Valley, Western Australia through:
- provision of adequate infrastructure (by refurbishing a hospital room)
- identification of a multidisciplinary team (including representatives of local language groups who work in health)
- cultural awareness training
- culturally appropriate palliative care services
- creation links between Indigenous communities and health services.
Nindilingari Cultural Health
Ph: (08) 9191 2450
Williamson D, de Waard S (2005)
Fitzroy Valley palliative care service final report.
Perth, WA: Nindilingarri Cultural Health Services