A-B See with Wor-Ra-Kee (Karuah Family Nutrition and School Access Project)
The aim of the project was to improve the nutritional status and educational achievement of preschoolers, school-aged children and adolescents in the Karuah Aboriginal community. Objectives included:
- achieving good school attendance and concentration through regular access to nutritious food;
- awareness in the community of the link between healthy eating and doing well at school;
- building healthy nutrition practices and knowledge in the community;
- overcoming child health, hearing and nutrition problems by improving the assessment of children's growth and health; and
- strengthening involvement of other services and sponsors.
Brady D, Angus N (2006)
A-B See with Wor-Ra-Kee (Karuah Family Nutrition and School Access Project).
Canberra: Australian Department of Health and Ageing