Clean needle program (Nunga users HIV/HCV intervention team - NUHIT)
The Clean needle program (NUHIT) is run by Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc., and aims to:
- reduce the transmission of blood-borne viruses such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C
- link people into treatment and support
- promote safe disposal of used equipment.
Services provided include:
- sterile equipment
- sharps containers for disposal
- health education and information
- referral, advocacy and support
- collection point for disposal of used equipment.
Abstract adapted from Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti Inc.
PO Box 7202
Adelaide SA 5000
Ph: (08) 8406 1600
Fax: (08) 8232 0949