- » Key resources and services
Get in the game
Get in the game is an initiative of the Queensland Government to support sport and recreation at a grass-roots level.
The program comprises thee funding projects worth $47.8 million scheduled between 2014 and 2017:
- Get started - funding to help kids participate:
- this funding assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport and recreation club. Eligible participants are given a $150 voucher to assist in the payment of participation fees.
- Get going - funding to help clubs grow:
- this finding supports local sports and recreation organisations, funding up to $10,000 for projects that create opportunities for more people to become members
- Get playing - funding to improve facilities:
- this funding provides up to $100,000 for local sports and recreation organisations with facility development so that more community members are encouraged to become involved in the sport or recreation activity of their choice.
Abstract adapted from the Queensland Government Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing
Sport and Recreation
Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing
111 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
PO Box 15187
City East Qld 4002
Ph: (07) 3338 9208
Fax: (03) 3338 9292