- » Key resources and services
Koolin Balit training grants program
The Koolin Balit training grants program provides funding for health services to assist with training opportunities for their Indigenous workforce.
The aims of the program are to:
- provide opportunities for formal skills development of existing health service staff and or traineeships in management, nursing, allied health, dental, physical activity, primary health, alcohol, other drugs and mental health, personal care and health administration
- position management training as an integral training component for the delivery of health and community services
- assist health and community services to overcome financial burdens and barriers which prevent staff from taking up training
- enhance a multidisciplinary team approach in primary care settings servicing Indigenous communities
- promote new trainee positions for Indigenous people in the health sector
- provide a career pathway for Indigenous Health Workers in health.
The grants are funded by the Department of Health Victoria and are available to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs), Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) and public health services.
Abstract adapted from the Department of Health Victoria
Medical and Aboriginal Workforce
Department of Health
16/50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Vic 3000
Ph: (03) 9069 0614
Fax: (03) 9069 9190
Koolin Balit: Victorian Government’s strategic directions for Aboriginal health 2012–2022 (2014)
Department of Health Victoria