- » Key resources and services
Indigenous young parents support
This program is an initiative of the Carbal Medical Centre in Toowoomba, Queensland, and aims to provide holistic support for young Indigenous people (both male and female) during the antenatal, birthing, postnatal and early parenting period.
Objectives of the program include:
- facilitating access to the health system and health education
- addressing social factors such as:
- adequate housing
- financial security
- alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- domestic violence
- parenting issues
- encouraging school attendance and re-engagement with education
- building on strengths within young Indigenous families, and their communities, including generational learning with elders to enhance life and parenting skills.
This program is funded by Queensland Health.
Abstract adapted from Carpal Medical Centre
Carbal Medical Centre
104 Mary Street
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Ph: (07) 4639 4461