- » Key resources and services
- » Programs and projects
- » Forensic approach for reservoir identification for serious S. aureus infections in Top End dialysis clients (STARRS)
Forensic approach for reservoir identification for serious S. aureus infections in Top End dialysis clients (STARRS)
This research project aimed to identify those reservoirs that give rise to Staphylococcus (S.) aureus infections in renal dialysis patients living in the Top End of the Northern Territory. The basis for the research was:
- the collection of longitudinal S. aureus carriage isolates from participating renal dialysis patients and clinical and project staff
- to compare these with isolates associated with S. aureus infection in the same renal dialysis patient cohort
- comparison by whole genome sequencing.
The project ran from 2012-2014 and will inform on-going efforts to refine infection control practices to minimise serious infections in Top End renal dialysis patients.
Abstract adapted from Menzies School of Health Research
Menzies School of Health Research
PO Box 41096
Casuarina NT 0811
Ph: (08) 8922 8196 (Reception)
Fax: (08) 8927 5187
Report broken link